– Farewell celebration for Fr. Michael Rosinski will be on May 13 after Masses at Plato’s Cave. There will be celebrations both after the 9:30am and 11:30am masses.
– World Day of Prayer for Vocations. On April 22, Good Shepherd Sunday, the Church will be marking the 55th annual World Day of Prayer for Vocations – a time when the whole Church is united in praying that more men will answer God’s call to be the visible face of the Good Shepherd in our world.
All are invited to pray the rosary, especially as a family, with the intention of an increase in vocations to the priesthood and the consecrated life. We invite you to reflect and pray the Glorious Mysteries of the Rosary, starting April 22 to April 28. Visit rcav.org/pray-for-vocations to view these special meditations on the Glorious Mysteries of the Rosary with a vocations theme.
– Feast of Our Lady of the Cenacle. Join the Cenacle Associates of Vancouver, for a Eucharistic celebration in honor of the Feast of Our Lady of the Cenacle on May 19 at 12 noon at St. Mark’s, UBC. The Feast of OLC is celebrated on the Saturday before the Pentecost Sunday.
– Sacraments of Initiation at the Easter Vigil: Please pray for the following people who will be celebrating the Sacraments of Initiation at the Easter Vigil: Carla Bonifaz, Diana Carrillo, Mboowa Drake, Raina Liu, Julia Niebles, Brian Sung & Ross Tuttle.
– Launch of Project Advance 2018. Project Advance is crucial to the Church’s mission of providing services that benefit all Catholics & countless others in our Archdiocese. Together we have raised $189 million to date, of which close to $101 million has been returned to parishes to meet their growing needs for infrastructure & social programs.
The Archdiocesan goal for 2018 is to raise $3.25 million to continue the momentum & legacy you have created through the years. Our core needs continue to be the renovation of our secondary schools, the founding of new parishes & he funding of many life-giving ministries. Watch this year’s video at www.projectadvance.ca a snapshot of Project Advance “then, now, and what’s next? Live gratefully, give generously.