Jesuit Volunteers of Canada (JVC) is a formation program, where young adults live out the values of Christian spirituality, social and eco-justice, community, and simple living. Placement opportunities include working with First Nations communities, young adult programing, community development and outreach, education, food justice, and working with the urban poor.
The challenge to Jesuit Volunteers is to integrate their Christian faith with community life and apostolic service, drawing on the spiritual tradition of St. Ignatius of Loyola, founder of the Jesuits.
Jesuit Volunteers Canada is currently accepting applications for September 2017 with possible communities and work placements in northern Ontario, Toronto and Regina. For more information, visit www.jesuitvolunteers.ca or call 519-820-8204. JVC is part of a 50-year movement dedicated to inspiring young adults!
JVC’s basic program features are as follows:
– An eleven-month commitment from September to July
– Volunteer as a youth worker, community developer, educator, shelter provider, settlement worker and more..
– Placements in Toronto, northern Ontario, and Regina
– Provision of room, board, and a small stipend
– Living in community with other Jesuit Volunteers
– Ongoing spiritual support which includes one-on-one conversations and organized retreats
– Open to people twenty years old or older
– Opportunities for work experience
– Our core tenets are community living, simple living, service for social justice, and spirituality